The gospel is good news to be proclaimed and has lost none of its power to save. Through small group mentoring Advance equips, encourages and empowers the church in evangelism whilst also stirring and developing evangelistic gifting in those called as evangelists.
FIVE PRINCIPLES OF THE MOVEMENT
1. REGULAR MEETINGMonthly meetings that become a diary priority by all in the group. Groups are encouraged to treat the sessions as important diary commitments, ensuring that we take seriously the preparing of ourselves and each other for the task of evangelism.
2. SHARPENINGA commitment to studying the bible for a deeper knowledge of the gospel takes up a significant part of the session time each month. This also includes opportunity for healthy dialogue and critique of each others understanding of the gospel and application of evangelism.
3. ACCOUNTABILITYHonest self-evaluation via feedback questionnaires and open sharing within the group time is designed to ensure that we live accountable and holy lives as we attempt to be faithful to living and sharing the gospel.
4. COMMUNICATIONKeeping each other up to date with prayer requests, opportunities, stories of fruit and encouragement via online group messaging ensures that we are able support each other as we seek to take the good news to the world.
5. MULTIPLICATIONA commitment to explore the idea of multiplication with a view to group members taking on their own group (whilst continuing on in the original group) within 12-18 months of joining. Not all who are in a group will start their own but many will, ensuring that the equipping, empowering and encouraging of those committed to evangelism will continue to grow.
Is it for me?
Advance is for anyone who wants to grow in their understanding of the gospel and our role as its messengers. Whilst Advance believes in preaching and is committed to the support of preaching evangelists, not everyone in an Advance group outworks their evangelism from a stage. If your answer to the following questions is yes, then click below to find out how you can start or join an Advance group:
Do you believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ has lost none of its power and is the only way by which a person can know true life and salvation?
Do you want to communicate the good news with clarity in any opportunities you have to do so?
Do you desire to offer invitation to receive the hope of the gospel, and see people move into eternal relationship with Jesus?